DIY Easter Chocolate Bar



The kids really enjoyed making (and eating!) this treat. It's the perfect activity when you have little ones as they love getting messy with food and they get to eat what they've made! Make sure you don't do this right before teatime as they won't want to eat their dinner (lesson learnt!).

It is amazing too how pretty this looks. (I do love pink though!) 

























You can use pretty much any sweets, nuts, dried fruit pieces, whatever takes your fancy really. I wanted to use up some leftover smarties and cake sprinkles and it ended up reminding me of Easter/Spring. Which is just around the corner (well about 8 weeks away!) so it's quite relevant don't you think?



When I was trying to take pictures my boys were right under my feet, hovering around! (their tiny hands and mouths only inches from the lens!) The joys of blogging with a six and three year old! Still this was one of the more enjoyable posts I've made.

This chocolate bar can be cut into triangles or squares and given as gifts (quite inexpensive really considering the price of Easter eggs these days). Try tying pretty ribbon and labels on for extra thoughtfulness!



Recipe:

300g Bar of chocolate of your choice (I used Cadburys)
1 tube of smarties (I omitted the red and orange ones just for aesthetics but really there's no need!)
1 Bag of mini eggs
A handful of cake sprinkles (I used Asda's butterflies and flowers sprinkles)
Pink candy melts

Method:
  1. Break up the chocolate and place in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on a low heat setting for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted. Alternatively you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water on the stove (bain marie).
  2. Melt a handful of candy melts using the methods above.
  3. Pour the chocolate into an 8" square tin that has been lined with grease-proof paper.
  4. Pour the melted candy melts on top of the chocolate and use a toothpick to swirl it around until it looks agreeable!
  5. Sprinkle on the sweets and sprinkles and let it set in the fridge.
Using up leftover sweets has never been so fun (or tasty). I hope you give it a go!

Bee
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this Easter Chocolate! It's so pretty with the pink swirl and butterfly sprinkles! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. If you have left me a question I will get back to you soon.

Bee
xxx

Subscribe to receive new posts via email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Copyright © 'A Rose Tinted Kitchen' 2013 All Rights Reserved. It takes a lot of time developing, testing and photographing my recipes but seeing them pop up on other blogs makes it all worth it. Just remember to please provide a link back to my recipe. Thanks and happy baking!

Bee
xxx