Valentine Cake Pops

Christmas is now over and although I love the festivities it is nice to get back to normality. I may be a little sad but I love putting the decorations away and giving the house a deep clean. Still though I love to look forward to something so I've set my sights on Valentines Day! I'm going to make my better half his favourite meal of lasagne and then we can munch on these cake pops whilst watching a movie. I've got it all planned!
















I use a silicone cake pop mould, which I find makes the best cake pops (you can buy one here). I have used an electric cake pop maker before however I find it can make them quite dry. Feel free to use whatever you're comfortable with though.



This recipe makes between 25 - 30 cake pops.

Ingredients:
125g Butter (softened)
125g Caster Sugar
2 Large eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
125g Plain flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon Milk

Red and white candy melts
Lollipop sticks
Edible hearts

Method:
  1. Heat oven to 180C / Gas mark 4
  2. Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
  3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
  4. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
  5. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
  6. Add milk if mixture is a bit stiff.
  7. Spoon mixture into the cake pop mould and fill each circle generously. Place the top on and cook for 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake pop is clear. (my oven is fierce so they may take a little longer)
  8. Allow to cool in the mould. (This won't take long!)
  9. When cool, melt a few candy melts (either in the microwave in short bursts or over a double boiler).
  10. Using a lollipop stick insert a hole into a cake pop about a third of the way in. (don't go too far as the cake pop might break apart) Dab a generous blob of melted candy melts into the hole with the lollipop stick and twirl the stick gently. Set aside (or in the fridge) to set.
  11. When all the cake pops have sticks and are set, melt the red and white candy melts separately in tall narrow cups.
  12. Dip your cake pops into the candy melts (tap the cake pop gently a few times to remove excess candy melts) and leave to set on a tray. Add edible hearts straight away (before it sets).




What are your plans for Valentines Day?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. If you have left me a question I will get back to you soon.

Bee
xxx

Subscribe to receive new posts via email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Copyright © 'A Rose Tinted Kitchen' 2013 All Rights Reserved. It takes a lot of time developing, testing and photographing my recipes but seeing them pop up on other blogs makes it all worth it. Just remember to please provide a link back to my recipe. Thanks and happy baking!

Bee
xxx