Mini Vanilla Donuts (for a donut maker)























It's my birthday today (I turned 32) but I still feel like I'm 22 (even after two children). Does anybody else feel like that? I wonder if I will ever feel like a grownup? I hope not! 

My thoughtful and fabulous man gave me my present early. Can you guess what I asked for? That's right... a mini donut maker! I know, most girls my age would like a new bag or jewellery, even perfume but not me. I'm a baking tray or a cook book kind of girl. 


I love vanilla, it's such a classic flavour and really brings back memories of making fairy cakes with mum and eating Grandma's victoria sponge. Now I didn't have a birthday cake this year as we (at Bijou Cakes) are completely inundated with cake orders this week (add to that two sick little boys) and honestly I just couldn't muster the energy. These donuts however can be rustled up with very little effort and really, who needs a cake with these sugary delights. This recipe is adapted from a lovely little book called Mini Donuts which you can purchase here. It uses American cup measurements however you can buy measuring cups from Asda for as little as £3.00

Ingredients:
170g Plain flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
Pinch salt
100g Granulated sugar
1 Large egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
3 tablespoons Oil
175mls Milk
30g Butter melted
30g Granulated sugar

Method:
  1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl whisk the egg with 100g sugar and add vanilla, oil and milk and whisk until combined.
  3. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until there are no lumps.
  4. Pour into your electric donut maker (allow one teaspoon of the batter per donut) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
  5. Melt the butter and arrange 30g sugar in a small bowl.
  6. When donuts are cooked brush a little butter on your donuts and dip them into the sugar.
These are best eaten warm!
























Enjoy.

Bee
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. If you have left me a question I will get back to you soon.

Bee
xxx

Subscribe to receive new posts via email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Copyright © 'A Rose Tinted Kitchen' 2013 All Rights Reserved. It takes a lot of time developing, testing and photographing my recipes but seeing them pop up on other blogs makes it all worth it. Just remember to please provide a link back to my recipe. Thanks and happy baking!

Bee
xxx